Recently Fox News posted an article on their website that talked about the top six things that will ruin your marriage. Would you believe that the top one was finances?
This list included experts in each of the five different areas. As a financial coach working with couples, it was very clear to see that all of five are directly related when it pertains to marriage and finances.
Surprisingly, so many see these warning signs and do not react. With warning you can make the necessary changes to have strong financial lives and even stronger marriages.
What are the five?
- 5. Lying/Living a Double Life – I often refer to this area as financial infidelity. It is a huge problem today.
- 4. Growing Apart – A great excuse, but not working together means you are working apart and growing apart. You are stronger together.
- 3. Contempt – Working together, a common plan and goals, listening and understanding each others ideas and needs are great areas to prevent contempt for each other.
- 2. Poor Communication – Yes, talking together about finances is a great way to keep your marriage together. For many, it is a very simple excuse that grew into something much larger.
- 1. Finances – All of the areas above, from those who I have worked with, tie directly into finances. Finances are the hub.
Are you seeing warning signs in your marriage? You and your spouse need to address the course of action you are going to take and, very quickly, focus on the right path.
Maybe you have had to address in your marriage? What words of encouragement can your leave here for others?