The survey says…. Over the past week, I conducted another survey of 100 former clients, at random, to see how people are progressing towards the path of being financially free. My intention was to see if former clients are making progress. People responded, confidentially, at a much higher participation rate than I had expected. While I had no sea what to expect, the results were pretty impressive.
I asked nine questions and gave one opportunity to list comments on Financial Focus. Here is what I have learned.
- Are you still committed to what your started on your path to focus on your personal finances?
- We are on the right path – 32%
- Progressing, but slowly – 55%
- Just letting it run its course… – 0%
- We have quit or not applied what we learned – 13%
- Have you become debt free ( except maybe your house)?
- No, but we are getting close – 48%
- No, and its a long way away – 29%
- No, we have lost all focus – 13%
- Yes – WE’RE DEBT FREE!! – 10%
- Is your 3-6 month emerency fund completed?
- No – 62%
- Yes – 24%
- Close… – 14%
- Are you living by a budget each month?
- Yes, and its working – 53%
- We try, but is always elusive – 33%
- No, we stopped sometime back – 14%
- Are you still applying tools that you learned in your program?
- Yes – 71%
- No – 0%
- Some – 29%
- Are you using cash and avoiding plastic -especially credit cards?
- Strictly cash! – 5%
- Yes, but some uses of debit card spending – 85%
- No – 10%
- We are using credit cards – 0%
- Based upon what you learned, are you will to or have you recommended Financial Focus to others you know?
- Yes – 95%
- No – 5%
- Based upon what you learned and could do, was the price you paid effective?
- Yes, our success has more than paid for the program – 71%
- No, the program was too expensive for what we learned – 10%
- Not sure – we paid, but have not applied – 19%
- At this point, does your retirement look promising?
- No, we are in trouble and way behind – 40%
- We are on the right path and aggressively pursuing – 50%
- Yes, right on track from following our plan – 10%
- What comments would you add to help improve Financial Focus? (only showing a few)
- “None really, I thought the program was great. I regret not applying what we learned more as a couple.”
- “I have recommended the service to many people. Possibly the best money we ever spent!”
- “Was great, I would only add that the email encouragements come daily, for daily focus.”
- “None, doing a great job.”
Thanks to all who participated. I really appreciate your help in making Financial Focus better and encouraging others.
For those who read this and wonder whether coaching is right for you, you can clearly see the results.
For those who may have gotten off track – now is the time to get it back on!
What words of encouragement can you offer others? Please, respond with comments below.